September 15, 2009

Christmas cards

Here are a couple of Christmas cards that I recently put together using current and retired SU sets and some Unity as well.

This first one uses a set that I love called Peaceful Wishes. It's the first time I've used it, though I've had it for about a year. LOL. Anyway, I paper pieced the pinecones on to the main image. The ribbon is retired Stampin up riding hood red taffeta ribbon that I have stashed away. I honestly believe it's one of my very favorite ribbons. There really isn't much I can say about this card, it's pretty self-explanatory.



This next card uses the Winter Post set. I absolutely love this set! It's very versatile and it has a very vintage look to everything in the set. The background is trees from Unity. They made a beautiful background to this image. I love how peaceful and intimate it feels! I believe the sentiment is from a current SU set as well that is in the new mini catalog. The name of the set eludes me at the moment, though.

No comments: