October 30, 2008

Oh, Christmas Tree...


An Old Fashioned Christmas

I love this stamp set! This is an image I received as part of Splitcoast Stampers wish RAK forum, and it turned into an absolutely beautiful card! Once again, I used the emboss resist technique. I colored the tree and toys with colored pencils and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I sponged several different colors of distress inks in the background and below the tree. Then I overstamped the "wall" portion with a leafy glade background stamp in So Saffron. Then sponged more So Saffron in the background to tone it down and blend it in to the other inks. Then I used my gold paint pen and edged the paper with a gold pen. This was mounted on a bravo burgundy paper that was also edged in gold paint pen. the hardware is copper toned photo corner brads. all this was mounted on a Stampin Up green cardstock. I honestly don't know what color the green paper is called. If anyone has this set and would like to trade with me or sell me the set, I would love to own it. Just e-mail me.

No comments: