January 24, 2009

Wish RAK contest cards

The following cards are for this month's Wish RAK contest over at splitcoast stampers. I've never even done these before, and they are quite a lot of fun. The main challenge is that you have to use something you received via wish RAK somewhere on each of your cards. Then each challenge that is posted puts additional restrictions on them. By the way, if you haven't looked into wish RAK, you should really check it out. It's lots of fun and a great way to save money and space on buy stamped images. Plus, it's always a surprise what you will get. :D

The first Challenge: Baby, it's cold outside. The challenge is to use the colors Bordering Blue, Night of navy, very vanilla and a "hint" of pretty in pink. Additionally, it has to have a hot drink somewhere one the card. So, I received via wish RAK a Riley sitting in his recliner drinking a cup of coffee while eating a cupcake, and this is the only "hot drink" image I had so I went with it. I used the pink on his mug and cupcake. The background is cuttlebugged with snowflakes. The sentiment was also something I received via wish RAK.

The second challenge: Die Cut Dilemma. The challenge here is to use a die cut somewhere on your card. I have Valentine's Day on the brain and so my card for this one is all about love. It's a gate-fold card with the opening being a heart. I cut out a heart with my nesties (I just had to have a set of these myself to do my Valentine's stuff--I love hearts), and the hand cut the stamped heart and layered it on the ridinghood red one. Then I cut another littler heart and layered it on top of that one. From the pretties kit, I took a small flower and small rhinestone brad and put them through the hearts. I used a piece of DSP out of my Bella paper and covered the right flap with that leaving a bit of a pink border on the edge. I used the flat pearls out of the pretties kit as well to outline the heart on the DSP. On the Pirouette Pink side I used a marker and made dots around the outside of the heart to outline it. Then I stamped the sentiment on the lower edge.

The third challenge: Sketch it. This one was fun, too. It uses a sketch from www.pagemaps.com as the challenge. There was really no additional restrictions to this challenge. For mine, I had this adorable bear from a wish RAK and decided to use him. I colored his heart pink and then embossed with iridescent ice. I then used my nesties and paper left over from the previous card to make the embellishments.



No comments: