February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hope all have had a wonderful Valentine's Day. Mine has been rather lazy and wonderful for that reason. Here it is 2:00 in the afternoon and I'm still in my jammies with no intention of changing either. LOL. Can't remember the last time I had that opportunity. Anywho. Here are two cards for you for today. One for my DH, the other for my little one. Both were a lot of fun to do.

The one for my DH was actually a challenge I ran across over at splitcoast to do a valentine's card without using red or pink. This was fun and I ended up with a monochromatic card. I loved the softness of this look! The stamp set is one of my favorites, yet I seem to forget to use it very often--Dreams du jour. I stuck with several colors of blue and white as my color scheme and I loved the way this card came out.






Next was the card for my little munchkin. The kiddo is so into Winnie the Pooh right now and really seems to favor Roo. So I did some searching on line for Pooh coloring pages and came across this one of Roo. Thinking it was an adorable picture of Roo, I printed it out. Okay, confession time. Funny story. I spent about two hours looking for a picture that would actually print out and was getting so frustrated that I couldn't get anything to print. After the two hours had passed, I just happened to look down and realized (DUH!) that the printer was unplugged so I could upload photos from my camera. Man, did I feel like an idiot. So, I finally got the picture printed and then watercolored it with my SU markers. After that I did some cutting out to layer it on the bright papers and then voila, in one hour I was finished. By this time it was 1:00 a.m. and I was exhausted. If I only I had looked down sooner, I could have been in bed a whole lot sooner. LOL.

No comments: