February 07, 2009

More Wish RAK challenges!

wow! It's been a while since I've been on here it seems. Been crazy around here and doing some wish RAK'ing like crazy over at Splitcoast Stampers. Now there are those who do way more than I do, but this week was a lot for me. 23 in one week with a few more planned to do as well. But I did manage to squeeze in the time to come up with these gems. These cards are for the wish RAK monthly challenge contest. As is always the case with wish RAK challenges, the cards made must use something received from wish RAK.

I really love the way the scripture one turned out. The challenge for this one was to make a gatefold card. I received this beautiful scripture stamp and just had to use it here. so I mounted it on some scraps of SU prints pack paper and then on kraft cardstock. I used antique copper brads to attach some scraps of chocolate chip ribbon and then more brads to attach the image to the card front. The designer paper I used was from my scrap bin as well and I can't recall the name of it. I punched a 5-petal flower out of some more scrap Kraft paper and used my dry embossing tool to make it more three dimensional. Then I punched out a couple of flowers with my boho punch to layer in the middle with the rhinestone brad.

The next card challenge I completed was to do in honor of Valentine's day or chinese new year and to use red, black, white and gold. The nestie oval was something I received from wish RAK so I stamped on the happy heart and embossed it in black. Then used the resist technique and colored over it with a red marker to get the letters red. I took a hole punch and punched each of the scallops on the oval. Then I took some black cardstock and put it through the cuttlebug to emboss that layer of cardstock. Those were then layered on red and white cardstock and put on a base of red. I used some gold embroidery floss to make the gold accents in the corners. I'm not too sure about this card. It seems a little dull to me in the layout, though.

Now on to the next challenge. A dog card. Hmmm....

No comments: