April 15, 2009

It's been a while since I've posted!!! I'm still here. Just haven't had much mojo lately. It feels like it may be coming back, though. LOL so brace yourselves. :D

In the meantime, I have a couple of cards I've been meaning to share with you. The first one is an anniversary card I helped a friend with. It's very simple and elegant. I used chocolate chip paper, so saffron paper, very vanilla and sale-a-bration paper. The stamps are both old retired ones. The flower is from Long Stemmed and the sentiment is from Wonderful Words (I believe). The ribbon is some scrap that I had. The flowers are watercolored with markers in a very pale yellow and green. Just enough color used to add some accent.

The next card is for a challenge. SCS had mini pre-virtual stamp night challenge. I only got to do one of the challenges, but it was definitely a challenge for me. The idea was to use a circus element and inspiration on the card as well as the color orange. I had some retired DSP that reminded me of a circus tent (and it had orange) so I used that along the bottom of the card. The main image is from Costume Bears and is watercolored with markers. The accent papers are tangerine tango, pacific point, and bashful blue. The ribbons are bashful blue stripe the has been frayed, and a piece of pacific point tied in for accent. Along the top of the card, I used the Teddy Bears wheel in versamark. A fun card, though. I really enjoyed this one in spite of the orange (I am not a fan or orange, lol, in case you didn't know).

No comments: