February 07, 2011

A little organization

well, those who know me know how excited I am to actually have a defined craft space. It's very small, but I'll take what I can get. So I spent a lot of time working on how to fit things in.  First, I took over my husband's computer desk and gave him my old smaller desk. :D Then I went to work sorting out bins of accessories and stuff.  Whew! We stampers use a ton of stuff!!!! Well, after I got it all sorted in to some bins with drawers from Walmart, I realized it looked cluttered. So then, after having seen someone do this on HGTV, I thought it would be nice to take paper and make inserts in the fronts of the drawers to dress them up. I took some retired DSP that matches the decor I'm using and cut rectangles to fit inside the drawers. So now we see pretty DSP instead of a hodgepodge of this and that.  I think it turned out pretty and it was pretty inexpensive to do. The cute little pails you see at the top, I found at Michaels in their dollar bins. Perfect tool and pen holders. still a lot of work to do on this area, but this gave me quite a boost. Now to figure out a good system for stamps. Anyone?

No comments: