November 21, 2008

Beautiful Snowflakes

I love the winter! I love the cold and the beauty of the snow. Well, what little we get here anyway. All the traditions of the cold are things I love--hot chocolate, popcorn, hot tea, warm blankets, sweaters. So this card reminds me of the beauty of winter. It's a night of navy cardstock background. For the snowflake, I die cut with the wonderful Sizzix snowflake #2 out of whisper white and the retired soft sky textured papers. Then I layered them on top of each other and made them intertwine by bringing some parts to the front and putting others in the back. All this is held together with a brad in the middle. Then mounted on night of navy cardstock. The sentiment at the bottom, I handwrote with a white gel pen. Very simple. Very pretty don't you think?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

man, I would LOVE to have the pretty handwriting that you have !!!!

Steph said...

I love this snowflake. Very cool!