November 27, 2008

A new take for me!


Well, those of you who know my card-making style know that I can make even a simple card turn into something very difficult and complex. LOL So, this time, I tried very hard to keep it simple, but add my own touches. The stamps I used on this card came from Wal-Mart and were only 99 cents! They are very cute, though, and couldn't pass them up for that cheap. First I stamped the penguin in black staz-on on whisper white cardstock. Then I took a blender pen and colored the hat in with riding hood red and the scarf with garden green. After that, I took some Martha Stewart glitters, which by the way are very fine and come in beautiful colors, and applying the glue that comes with the glitters (carefully avoiding stamping lines), I sprinkled the hat with garnet glitter and the scarf with peridot glitter. The nose was colored with a blender pen and tangerine tango. Then I mounted the penguin on black cardstock. Next, I took a snowflake out of another 99 cent Wal-Mart set and stamped it 12 times on a piece of real red card stock with white stazon. I had some difficulty with the snowflakes showing very well, but that worked out well since they needed to be suttle with all the contrast in this card. After stamping the snow flakes, I punched them all out with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch and put them on the black background starting with the corners to help get even placement. then I mounted the penguin on top of that. The letters are chipboard letters (I have no idea where they came from) that I inked with white craft ink and then embossed with this awesome embossing powder a friend loaned me (yes, friend, I think I may still have that so let me know when you want it back :D) I tied a narrow piece of black and white gingham around the "j" and then attached the chipboard letters with tombow. I think the overall card turned out very cute!

No comments: