October 23, 2009

Christmas cards!

Yes, it's that time of year again. I've been slowly working on Christmas cards for several months now, but I've kicked it up a notch, so to speak, to get some done for samples for this weekend's Diva Day. Both of these cards started out simple and in true form to myself, they turned into complex masterpieces. LOL I really love the angel one though. :)

This card is done using the beautiful Holy Triptych and French Script background. The angel is embossed in gold. Behind her is a piece of vanilla card stock that is embossed around the edges with iridescent ice embossing powder. Then the French Script background is versamarked onto a piece of white card stock. The whole thing is monochromatic with only gold and glitter accents. I love the elegance of the whole look. To finish it off I used a double piece of vanilla taffeta ribbon attached to the card with a rhinestone brad.




The second card uses the Holy Family set from the current mini catalog. Basically it's an emboss resist card. I stamped the image and embossed it in black on white card stock. Then I stamped the snowflakes and embossed them in white. I used sponges in not quite navy, night of navy and black to do the background. On the main image I used markers and colored them in. Then I wiped off the embossed parts so the inks wouldn't smudge where I don't want them (hate it when that happens). Would you believe this card was made entirely out of my scrap bucket? Didn't have to cut a thing! That was part of the challenge to myself in this card--USE THOSE SCRAPS! My bins are overflowing.

No comments: