October 28, 2009

Pirate Party


These are invitations to a birthday party for my friend's twin boys. These were actually fun to do and so far out of my usual style too! I used the new pirate sets by SU. The head scarf on the pirate symbol is from Pirate Time. I stamped it first in pumpkin pie on whisper white and cut it out. The other stamp was stamped in black and then the edges were torn and then sponged with pumpkin pie and then black inks. That was truly the hardest part. The sentiment was stamped in black on the strip of pumpkin pie. The striped paper is retired designer paper from SU. I LOVE this paper and wish they would bring it back. It's so versatile it can fit a huge array of things from elegant to grunge. The ribbon tabs were stapled to the pirate portion. These ribbons are also beautiful by the way. I wish I could afford to buy one in every color! The whole thing is mounted on whisper white card stock.

No comments: