October 15, 2009

Halloween Spinners

Well, this year has brought about a change in me. In the past, I have not even acknowledged the existence of Halloween and completely avoided anything even remotely related. A bit harsh? Yes. So I have given it thought and mulled it over, especially since I now have a 3 year old who is old enough to show interest in it. My conclusion has become that the observance of Halloween in and of itself is not bad. It's the manner in which the observance is done. So if I stay away from the wicked, violent and evil things and veer more toward cute cats, ghosts, pumpkins and harvest symbols, then I see no wrong. I'm keeping it fun and still not conforming to the ways of the world either. That being said, I came up with some adorable spinner cards today. All of them very simple, which, if you know me, is often not even in my vocabulary. So here they are:

The ghost spinners are from a sizzix die. I added the smiley mouths with a black marker. The top note die made up the background for the spinner. Word window punch made the spinner track. These cards did use a lot of dimensionals to get everything to spin the right way. :D I tried stamping in a tree, but it got lost in the background, and all you can see of it are the tips on the moon. By the way, the moon is made using a 1 3/8 inch circle punch and a 1 3/4 inch circle punch. The background on this card is made using a rubber band background technique. The other cards do not have a background or trees on them. the boo is handwritten in on the front.

The pirate spinner was my creation. I created the pirate out of the designer label punch and an 1 1/4 inch circle punch and a partial boho blossom for the scarf. I used the three heart punch for the eye and the crossbones. The bones and the eyepatch were made using the word window punch.

No comments: