October 29, 2009

Gift card holders cased

Okay, first let me say that these were cased or copied from other sources, but I just can't remember where I found them! So I'm sorry I can't give the credit where credit is most definitely due. These were gift card holders prepared as samples in an effort to find something to do for a class project. The birdhouse one was originally not hinged, but I made the roof hinge and the house itself is a pocket to hold the gift card. So it's a flat mailable card. I loved this little card and it was so fun to do, but a bit tricky.

this view is with the hinge open.


Here it is with the hinge closed.











These are very quick and easy to do and ended up being the class project. here are several variations of the same thing. They are made from two top notes hinged together with a brad at the top. Very simple. The inside has a pocket made of a little less than half of a top note die out of designer paper so it only takes a scrap. Each variation is a little bit different. All of the ones shown are stamped on designer paper in a matching ink. here it is ruby red, taken with teal or real red. The papers come from Stampin Up's Holiday Lounge or Christmas Cocoa papers. The final design that we ended up using is not shown here, but it was done on solid ruby red card stock. I will have to find my sample (it has been missing in action for a while) and put a picture of it up for you to see.

This one is my favorite variation of all of the ones you see here. I used my top note and made layers behind the red image that was trimmed along the dotted edge to fit inside the layers behind it. The boho punch was used to make the embellishment at the top. The ribbon is white taffeta with some red grosgrain attached to the middle and frayed.

No comments: