November 21, 2009

Dear Friend Victorian Style


So another challenge posted this weekend was to make a card that resembled a particular historical era of costume clothing and there must be pearls on the card. Well, I love the clothing of the Victorian era. It doesn't seem to me that many defined eras had more beautifully romantic and feminine clothing than that time in history. So I found my inspiration in this era. In my scrap box, I found this beautiful lace. The picture really doesn't do the lace justice. It just feels so soft in your hand as well. Then I decided to finally use some things in my pretties kit. I have yet to find much of a use for the hat pins and flowers, but they all came together here. It seems the victorian era used a lot of hats, pins, pearls, lace, flowers, etc. So I put as many in here as I could throw in. Then I found the sentiment in this retired stamp set and it just worked beautifully with this card.

Stamps: Dear Friend
Paper: Very Vanilla, Whisper White
Ink: Soft Suede
Accessories: Pretties kit, and some scrap lace.

No comments: