November 09, 2009

Twilight inspiration



So I have a friend who I love dearly, but she has an obsession--anything Twilight. She can tell you just about anything you ever wanted to know about the movie(s), actor(s), characters, or books. So of course when her birthday came around, it was obvious what track to take with her card. Twilight. Since I don't have anything Twilight as far as stamping goes, it was time to put the thinking cap on and find some inspiration. So I took the colors from the books--everything is red, black and white, and drew on my memory from when I read the whole series and this is what I came up with. I wanted something earthy, classy and elegant all at the same time. So I found these gorgeous papers from Basic Grey and Stampin Up. The sentiment is heat embossed in red. It's really hard to see, but on the sides of this stand up card, I stamped the pine tree line from Noble Deer set all along the top edge of the red and white paper. Then I added a wolf (because you have to Jacob), and a deer (because that's what the Cullens' like to eat that's close by). Voila! A twilight inspired card.

1 comment:

TwilightMom78 said...

And your twilight-obsessed friend loved it. Thank you so much.
xoxo