Okay, I've been a little busy lately making cards. It just seems like the creative juices are flowing and I can't seem to stop them. LOL. I think they are slowing down, though. Anyway, I have a few more cards for you that I made yesterday. Some are challenges and some are not.
First off is a re-do of a challenge where I apparently forgot to read the directions. that frog card featured below was the challenge, but I forgot to use the colors green galore, brocade blue and pale plum. So here is the re-do.
I changed up the layout some with the re-do to accomodate the color requirements. These colors are a bit more difficult to work with and took a lot of playing around with before I found a comfortable layout with them. I honestly think this is a better card than the first time around.
Here's the inside. I used a circle nestie as a stencil for where the sentiment would go. There are no flies on this card, but that's only because I was simply too lazy to get up and go dig out the set where the flies are. If you saw where my stamps are, you would understand completely. LOL. It turned out pretty cute, if I do say so myself.
Next up--the butterflies. These three beautiful butterflies are from a retired SU set called Wonderful Wings. I made these late last night for three dear friends who were very supportive after my Grandmother passed away. Each butterfly is unique.
The first one is a monarch butterfly, the only one I actually know the name of by they way. I stamped it with brown Staz-On on watercolor paper that was cut with the top note die cut and then watercolored over it using markers and an aquapainter. I love my aquapainters. Then when the butterfly dried, I used the bigger aquapainter and got the background really wet and then sponged several colors of inks in the background. The butterfly is then layered on top of a piece of very vanilla paper that has been cuttlebugged. The sentiment here is from warm words and is scraps from the earlier challenge this week of using the hot card technique. It's then put under the silver hodge podge hardware and attached with some retired SU ribbon.
The second butterfly is a beautiful brilliant blue butterfly. I love blue butterflies as much as a monarch, but have never seen a real blue one in person. This one is done in the same manner as the monarch. I stamped it with brown Staz-On on watercolor paper that was cut with the top note die cutand then watercolored over it using markers and an aquapainter. I love my aquapainters. Then when the butterfly dried, I used the bigger aquapainter and got the background really wet and then sponged several colors of inks in the background. The sentiment here is from warm words and is scraps from the earlier challenge this week of using the hot card technique. It's then put under the silver hodge podge hardware and attached with some retired SU ribbon.
This butterfly is a little different from the others, but it's still pretty in its own way. I cut apart the die cut here for a window effect, but overall it is done the exact same way as the other two above.
Next is an Inspired By Nature card that I started working on several weeks ago. I just never got around to assembling it. The flowers were colored on the stamp and then stamped on top of the grass. The grass was stamped first using Sahara Sand ink. The butterfly was stamped with night of navy and versamark ink then embossed with clear embossing powder. It was attached to the card panel with dimensionals. There is no sentiment on the card, I wanted the image to stand on its own and just serve as a blank inside note card.
This card was the last the three March Wish RAK monthly card contest cards. It was a bit more difficult than it looks on the surface. I had a hard time getting the right colors and sentiments together to make the card all flow together. The Raspberry Tart paper in the background can stand on its own so it made a big difference in the overall card. I layered rose red and a fairly neutral paper on top of that stamped with the live like you mean it set images. I then layered flowers and attached a clear rhinestone brad to the middle of them.
This card is almost totally stamp free! A new concept for me. It's also very simple. Yet another new concept for me. LOL. No really, just ask those who know me. :D
The sketch came from Taylored Expressions challenge. I had this old DSP laying around and a scrap of some new DSP so I just punched it and scraps of coordinating colors and voila. Here we are.