March 19, 2009

Easter--Unity style


Here's another one for you. It uses all Unity Stamps and is quite a lot of fun. I kinda had a hard time making it all flow, though, and I'm still not certain it does. It may, however, grow on me like some of the others I didn't like have done. It's very different from my normal style and I think that may be what is bothering me about it. It's a combination challenge. I used the sketch for this week over at Splitcoast and combined it with a Unity challenge to use only spring colors. I stuck with all Unity stamps for this one, and they are out of the February kit of the month. The eggs are done by spraying a piece of paper with water and then sponging in colors until you get the effect you want. Once the paper was dry, I stamped the eggs on and then colored the flowers with my SU markers. The flowers on the bottom of the paper are stamped using a spectrum pad. I had to vary the sketch slightly to get the stamps and all to flow together correctly.



Blessings!



Tasha

No comments: