March 11, 2009

I toadally love you!


Here's a card for the Wish RAK March monthly challenge. The challenge was to make a card using a frog somewhere on it. Here's my submission.









The frogs and the speech bubbles were received from Wish RAK. I saw on someone's blog recently (sorry I can't remember whose) a card that was folded like this and I thought it was adorable. It uses the same amount of paper as a regular sized card, so I decided to give it a try. I think it's a fun departure from the traditional fold of a card. I used my nesties to cut all the circles out. The frogs are watercolored with markers and a blender pen then covered with crystal effects for some added dimension.

The inside of the card is simple since the front opens to be seen on the inside. I found the flies in an old retired SU set Noah and Co. Who can have frogs without flies?! LOL The designer series paper is some retired paper I had around the house and the circles were perfect to go with this since the main image is all circles too.

No comments: