March 04, 2009

Curious little Monkey


Curious George's Birthday card

This little card is for a friend of ours little boy. He adores Curious George. So I went online and did a search for Curious George coloring pages. I came across this awesome website with tons of Curious George pages that are the new Curious George.





After I downloaded this page, I opened it in a photo editing software and reduced the size to fit on a card front. Then I printed it on card stock and colored away with my wonderful SU markers. Thanks, dear friend, for those beautiful markers! The clouds I drew freehand and cut them out and outlined with a bashful blue marker. The background is a piece of Almost Amethyst, I believe, and it was sponged over with ballet blue classic ink and whisper white craft ink. The detail picture shows that. It really made it look like a sky and helped tone down the contrast with the colors. I used my gel pen to write in happy birthday and just add highlights to George and his plane.

On the inside of the card, I stamped a monkey out of the adorable, but retired, Monkey Business set and added a happy birthday banner across the top. All in all, this was a fun card to do. It may only last 30 seconds in the hands of a two year old, but I had fun doing it and have pictures of it anyway. LOL. It got the seal of approval from the three year old, so I figure it's a winner. :D

No comments: