March 19, 2009

A patriotic thanks

This card is for Operation Quiet Comfort, a non-profit organization that handles the needs of soldiers that have been wounded in the line of duty. One of their recent requests has been for more thank you cards with written and signed messages inside. So, I decided to make several of these up to have friends and family sign and return to OQC. This is the firs, but I will get more done. This was also a sketch challenge for this week at Splitcoast. A pretty fun sketch that can make good use of scraps. I used a beautiful eagle stamp from Coronado Islands and a lady liberty stamp, but I can't remember where her stamp came from. The eagle was stamped first and then masked for the background stamp. Then I inked up the background with some markers and stamped it off once and then stamped it on the eagle. There was a bit of a blank spot where the background didn't get a good stamp, so I filled it with the word Freedom. then I sponged the edges of the focal point with night of navy ink. Photo corner punches tie it all together.



Blessings!



Tasha

No comments: